Long range UAV link 100mw for 60KM was designed and tested

may day may day Mr Cao we need the new UVC video system please share with us,thank you

+1 it’s exactly the feeling of this conversation …
Discussion need more users reports !

Anyone reading can buy one and join the conversation. I have only had mine a week and I have been reporting my findings. Posting our findings has been a group effort and I have found a wealth of information here. So please, join in if you have an interest or need for the Skydroid system.

Since I live in New York, it is Winter so I won’t be flying for months. Even when I can fly, I fly LOS because it is New York.

So far, everything I have tried has worked. Last night, I even swapped my gimbal knob (X3 and Y3) for two button channels using the Equipment Helper. Now it’s time to connect the gimbal.

1 Like

Hello fellow ArduPilots.

Anyone in the EU/US interested in an unused M12L kit.
We never used it. Brand new in box.
There is nothing wrong with the system, but was simply a premature jump on our part.
We don’t see any of our project using this device in the near future and I hate to see it gathering dust.
We are selling for very cheap no customs to worry about for EU buyers.
How about an unbeatable 50% of the (Chinese) retail price + shipping.
Also we have very good prices with our agent for shipping to the US, so don’t let that scare you anyone.

We have just a single unit!
Please, in other not to OT the thread, kindly send PM if interested and the name of your city so that I can quote shipping cost for you.

3 Likes

Here she is.

1 Like

My Skydroid set came with multiple antennas for both air and ground units. Do we have gains for these antennas?

Ground Unit:

• 2-Rubber Duck Antennas (installed)
  • 1-Patch Antenna

Air Unit:

• 2-Shorter Antennas (installed)
  • 2-Longer Rubber Duck Antennas with longer cables.
1 Like

I finished setting up my gimbal and it works great! The little rocker knob also has built-in speed change if you hold it longer. It’s nice to see the radio channel outputs on QGC when making changes.

I used channels 11 and 12 for X3 and Y3 in the Equipment Helper and then changed the R12 outputs from CH1 and CH2 to CH11 and CH12 using the Function button procedure. There is no reason to have an output on the CH1 or CH2 PWM pins if you are using SBUS to the Pixhawk. Button B is my gimbal 3-mode setting. I hadn’t realized before that the buttons can do three positions (like the switches) when using a long press…very nice!

Once again…everything worked! After focusing on ArduPlane and VTOLs for a few years, I had forgotten just how much more configurable ArduCopter was with spare channels. This is my current setup.

Skydroid%20Chan_Switch_Functions

2 Likes

I understand the patch is a yagi so I hope it go in flat position, I test like that in my 16km rover test ( https://youtu.be/T1zFct7Mbsg ) full signal but better if others can confirm it.

1 Like

I finished installing my R12 air unit and it looks pretty clean. The air unit replaced my X8R, telemetry unit, and MavLink to FrSky invertor.

QGC has nice audibles for things that change the Arducopter functions but not for channel-only changes like camera modes, IOC, etc., so I will miss Amber for some of these functions.

2 Likes

I’m ordering another M12L for a boat application. I also would like to put a relatively low cost camera on it. Since there is a good bit of discussion above about video, I will ask this here. From what I see above, I am thinking I will buy this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SKYDROID-UVC-Dual-Antenna-Control-Receiver-OTG-5-8G-150CH-Full-Channel-FPV-Receiver-W-Audio/32959321778.html. What do I need to buy for the boat end (camera and transmitter)? When I say low cost, I would be OK with $200 or so.

I am open to other suggestions rather then the Skydroid, although I have it in my cart ready to hit “Order”!

1 Like

Kenny,

The Skydroid Dual UVC receiver works great! You can also buy it in the US here from Banggood. You just missed the sale for $21/ea. I bought 2 of them. Cao says they are rebranded for Eachine so they are the same.

Cheer!

2 Likes

My first dual-MavLink test was very successful! I didn’t have any experience with dual MavLink connections but it seemed to work perfectly. QGC was connected to the Skydroid M12L via Bluetooth and Mission Planner via USB. It seems that whoever sends the last command gets the update. I also had my UVC video running from my Tarot 680 Pro on Mission Planner.

5 Likes

What do I need on the rover end to send the video?

1 Like

5.8 ghz transmitter. A good one. Perhaps a power filter just to keep your power clean.
Toss in a camera.
Your good to go.
Perhaps an OSD if you in need ot data.

these work well

and something to watch it on.

2 Likes

Thank you for that. I really don’t have time to research a lot and know I can trust you guys to tell me something that will work! (I should have asked on a new thread to keep from junking this one up even more).

ImmersionRC is a good name and if you are buying in the US, you can get it from ReadyMadeRC. I like the 600mW 5.8GHz video Tx. because you can power it from 2s to 6s and the onboard quiet switching regulator powers 5V cameras.

3 Likes

Thanks. I will take a look.

1 Like

Readymade is good stuff. It just sucks trying to get it here in Canada. Duties and fee’s are murder.

1 Like

1550282965(1)
The main body of the antenna should be kept away from carbon fibers and metals for more than 5 cm. Otherwise, the signal will be discounted.

3 Likes

In fact, communication distance is an interval concept. If I had to give an answer, I would give 0-100km.:joy::joy::joy::joy:
Our longest flight distance is 60 km, and we record videos. In fact, there are signals that the aircraft is powerless. Not everyone has such aircrafts to test. So only Cala tested the 17 km signal with a truck at ground pull distance, thanks to the video Cala recorded. Friends who are interested in distance can test it, of course, with fixed wings.

2 Likes