I´m building a mini tricopter, trifecta from quanum, and I´m having an issue that might be related to arducopter running on the px4mini board that i have just bought.
After all the setup, autotuning and installing the fpv gear, I started testing loiter mode and the problem begun.
As soon as I switch to stabilize the copter start to drift to a direction , building speed until I switch back to althold. The movement is intense and i cannot counterreack through the sticks.
It looks like if it was wrong compass offset/direction and I really had bad times setting the compass, but it isn´t the case. I´ve triple checked the compass, even comparing with a real one and both matches.
The board that I am using is a px4mini v1.3 from airbot . This board is a little bit weird so it might could be the reason or might not.
The GPS is a M8N from banggood and it seems to be OK. Pretty solid lock .
Autobot Px4mini v1.3 ( shop.myairbot.com/index.php/minipx4v1-3.html )
Copter 3.3.3-rc2-tri( stock build from mission planner)
banggood m8n gps mounted pointed back ( the only way it works since I cannot change compass orientation due to the fact that it is not being recognized as an external compass )
led/usb board with compass disabled
3x afro 12a escs
multistar 2216-800kv with 8055prop mounted ccw-ccw-cw
3dr power module ( tested both original from 3dr and from hobbyking )
frsky d4r-ii receiver
Multistar 5200 4s
fpv gear ( minimosd and 800mv tx )
what I have already tried so far:
- installed an cooper plate to isolate emf from eletronics to gps ( anyway - id doesn´t seems to be a gps glitch )
- tried different arducopter fw.
- reset arducopter and setup all over again three different times
- disconnected all fpv gear
- get rid of gopro.
- checked compass orientation ( north , est ) and all seems to be good.
- tried to play with gps settings ( only gps , gps+sbas , gps+sbas+glonass )
- Tried both manual compass declination and auto.
- get rid of all fpv gear
- The drone is flying awesome on manual modes. I have successfully ran autotune.
- The vibration level seems to be OK.
- Yaw control autotune gave me bad results. Needs improvement but it is flyable right now with default pids
- Compassmot gave me <20% of interference. I´ve tried with compassmot enabled and disabled - the same.
- It looks like the flyaway direction is kinda random. I cannot predict it even if I takeoff from the very same place/orientation.
By the log´s ( I have plenty of them ) it seems that ardupilot is willing to send the drone to the opposite direction it should. I have no idea of how i could fix that…
I would really appreciate if someone could take a look at it and help me.
Log files: dropbox.com/sh/5541nd8lt31i … HJg1a?dl=0
The build: rcgroups.com/forums/showpost … count=2894