Loiter not working

Hello,

i am new to APM board, Earlier i was using kk2.1.5 for my drone.

just i tried to activate loiter but after lots of trial not able to activate loiter from my X frame drone.

i checked each and everything to complete my trial.

here i attached my log file for analysis.

please suggest i need to do anything.

Hi,

I’m just a user, so no pro at all.

Just to clarify, it looks like your LAT/LON-position don’t change that much in Loiter, just that your altitude is rising. Is that what you experiencing?

I get the feel that almost all your engagements to LOITER happens just after the UAV has started a small accent, and keeps rising till you enter STABILIZE mode - correct? The ThrIn and ThrOut is almost unchanged, except a small hump of increased ThrOut just after LOITER engaged. That makes me feel like somehow your UAV wants to climb in LOITER, which I don’t understand why. Have you tried ALT HOLD any?

(This all looks awfully close to my current problem :frowning: Check the post “AltHold not responding” from 30th Sept.)

1. Right my LAT/LON-position don’t change that much in Loiter, just that your altitude is rising i think its because of vibration.

check below link.
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/altholdmode/
“High vibrations can lead to the copter rapidly climbing as soon as altitude hold is engaged.”

in my log i cant see any logs for vibration. if any one can explain than its good that from where i can get my boards vibration data.

1. engagements to LOITER happens just after the UAV has started a small accent, and keeps rising till you enter STABILIZE mode - Ya after disabling loiter its stop to climbing.

now really frustrated from this problem, every thing is fine set count is 9-10 with good 3D fix. HDOP is near by 1.44-2 and still loiter issue.

if some one guide me to solve this issue than well and good.

You have to activate the IMU logging on an APM as this is switched off by default. This is because it sucks up lots of cpu power and an APM can get saturated if You fly around with it on by default.

Check this page:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … vibration/

(Depending on what firmware you have.)

Sent using Tapatalk

Here is the latest bin file. with IMU.

let me know if someone can help me.

Well, your vibration values for Z spikes outside limits, and X and Y seem well within limits.

Between the Z-spikes, your vibrations along that axis is good… anything loose on your UAV, that reverberates with change of thrust or speed-induce wind?

Maybe a cable or similar, that sometimes touch the APM housing intermittently?

Did you attach your APM on a piece of foam or any other means of vibration isolation?

Yeah, you still have the climb during Loiter. However, I still can only see Loiter engaged while the UAV is ascending/climbing. What happens if you engage Loiter in a decent?

Thanks for prompts response.

here is the photos of my drone.

i am using damping plate to reduce vibration.

Ok. Looks good. Maybe a slightly tensioned black cable splitting in to two, at right in the second last picture. Any way, I would be surprised if those vibration peaks would create such repetitive error in altitude when in Loiter mode. In this matter, very like my problem, and I can’t understand the cause yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyhard,

Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you sooo much to highlight that wire issue,

i think that GPS wire was making lots of vibration on my board as it was touching to APM2.6

now my loiter is working fine without any issue.

just check my attached log file for more details …

one thing i observed that, if your climbing than you can reduce your throttle litl bit to make correct altitude.

now need to try for 3-4 times whether its working or not correctly or its was a incident.

again Thank you thank you Thank you thank you

:slight_smile: glad I could help! This autopilot thing is not easy.

Sent using Tapatalk