Loiter mode climb, drift and crash!

Hello,

This is my first post as I have done quite well ‘so far’ with my hex build (Tarot 680 Pro with Pioxhawk). Today was the first day I flew her and to be honest, became quite emotional! :open_mouth:

First of all I thought I would go out and test my build gently and hover a couple of metres above the ground, just so I would get used to it and look for any obvious problems. Things didn’t start so well as straight away it wouldn’t arm and notifying an ‘Accelerometer Not Healthy’ message. I then rebooted and it was fine.

I proceeded to arm and hover in Stabilize mode but for some reason the drone would fly forward. Now I have a gimbal mounted as far as the front props but my battery is far back enough to balance it out. Maybe this will be ironed out by tuning, I don’t know.

I then landed and changed the flight mode to Loiter. I was able to hover the drone at about 2m for a good few minutes but then suddenly it started to climb, higher and higher until it was I’d say 20m in the air. It then started to drift across the field I was flying but gradually descended around an area with trees where it then slowly came back down through the trees. Luckily nothing broke!

Now I do recall hearing loud beeps (several fast beeps and then maybe 2 a second) just before it started to climb. Looking back at the logs I can see I must’ve changed the mode to RTL as an initial reaction, so maybe that was it. But it’s probably a failsafe mode that I can’t work out as it makes no sense. (I’ve attached all logs)

I’ve had a look at the logs and all altitudes match, there is a sudden drop in baro pressure which is leading me to think that could be the culprit. The drone also seemed to vibrate a fair bit and in the Auto Analyse log file there are a few errors.

Could anyone have a quick look at my log files or share some wisdom? I’m not sure why there is a battery error code as post crash my battery read 14v.

Any thoughts?

ANALYSIS FILE dropbox.com/s/da7pfwyr7g30c … s.txt?dl=0

BIN FILE dropbox.com/s/989sciu6lhluz … g.BIN?dl=0

Hi Denyer00,

I was able to hover the drone at about 2m for a good few minutes but then suddenly it started to climb, higher and higher until it was I’d say 20m in the air.

I have already studied tens of alike “drone fly-away” cases.
You were very lucky to fly at low altitude when this happened to save your drone.

I study every drone fly-away case, drone crash case to collect database of cases and to offer remedies.

Pls describe your drone, airframe, battery, sensors, fw, attach images.

Peer To Drone Crash Investigators

darius
manta103g@gmail.com