Log file on Logo 400 with Pixhawk and v3.2

Here is a log file after loading v3.2 and completing a compass calibration. I changed nothing else in my set-up from v3.1 but did check everything first.

Vibration is well within limits.

Tail went into oscillations toward the end of the flight so I touched down to stop these and then took off again. Any suggestions on the tail PID settings?

ozsteel, I noticed you have no FF numbers on any of your RATE tuning and do not have FF enabled in your ATC parameters. I don’t know if that explains the tail problem at the end of the flight but you need some FF. .04 may be a good place to start. You may want to try turning up your RATE YAW I up a bit.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

ozsteel, Forgot to tell you your IMAX numbers are also to low in my opinion.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

Hi David, thanks for your advice. I have attached a parameter file with a number of updates on my previous log.

I’d appreciate everyone’s comments/input on this parameter list for a 400 size heli.

Thanks in anticipation.

I David, this probably isn’t the source of your problem, but your ATC_ACCEL_Y_MAX seems pretty low at 180 deg/s/s/ (18000). I would suggest running about 72000 at least.

I think the Rate Yaw I is pretty low at 0.01, you might try 0.05 to 0.5. But again, this isn’t likely the problem. I think it might be Rate Yaw D at 0.001. I think you should try 0.002-0.005 if you haven’t already tried turning that up.