Limit maximun power on RC

Hi Every one,
I noted that if I go to maximum speed on the boat, my battery consumption increase very rapidly and my speed does not grow in same way. I would like to ask if some one know if I can setup the some limit for the maximum power, reducing it like in the autonomous mode, so even if I push my joystick to maximum position, my power will not be set to 100%.

Use Steering Mode. The maximum throttle will be whatever CRUISE_THROTTLE is set to.

Regards,
David R. Boulanger

MANUAL mode is just that - fully manual. Ardupilot isn’t in the loop and your inputs are sent straight to your outputs (unless your using skid steering).
However, if your in STEERING or AUTO mode you can set THR_MAX to limit the maximum throttle.
Thanks, Grant.

Thanks for the replay, I understand how to make the control in auto mode but I did not find any way to control the maximum power mode on manual control. As I recently start to use the joystick, the control with Joystick is not so good. I think I will have to look in to a better joystick to not go to maximum power so easily.
Thanks for the input David and Grant

You should be able to configure your transmitter to output a maximum throttle value.

Alternatively in the up coming Rover/Boat release we have separated RC input from output (now called SERVO* in all the parameters). With this you could limit the maximum you allow for RC input instead of having to configure your radio.

Thanks, Grant.

Great Grant
As I am using Joystick, I have no way to configure the maximun power. Very easyly the user can push to much the sticker. Thanks for the news.
Jader

I’m interested in this topic also and being a long time Copter user but new to Rover note that the MOT_BAT_CURR_MAX , and other related MOT parameters is not in Rover.