LIDAR Lite V4 integration with Pixhawk 6C

Hello!

I am currently trying to connect the Garmin LIDAR Lite V4 to a Pixhawk 6C and interface them using Ardupilot Mission Planner. So far I have found little online about how to do this. The documentation seems to be for the V2/V3 models.

Currently I have the LIDAR Lite plugged into the Telem 2 port of the Pixhawk and i am relatively sure about the wiring connections. (Not sure if this is the correct approach)

I cannot find the V4 as an option on the RNGFND_TYPE only the V3 etc so don’t know if it is the case that the V4 is just not supported?

If this is the case is there another option?

For context the LIDAR is being planned to be used for object avoidance using LUA code. My other thoughts are to “manually extract” the data from the Telem 2 port and feed it into the code directly rather than using the integrated software. Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Oliver

1 Like

@ppoirier I believe you are an expert on this?

Hello,

I have answered the question a few years ago and I dont think anyone has written a Driver for it since.

Thank you so much. Thought this might be the case but wanted to make sure. I will now return to pulling my hair out in frustration.

Well, the solution I explained in the thread is working if you really wan to use the LidarLite V4