Latest update 1.3.57 cannot install firmware

After installing 1.3.57, I was unable to install new firmware on the Pixhawk. It asks me to unplug, press OK and plug in again, and hangs. Nothing happens anymore.

Same procedure on 1.3.56 works fine.

Getting the same problem.

“cant detect your board version”

Any quick fix?

what hardware are you using?

Pixhawk cube from Jdrones in Bangkok and Asus PC running windows 7.

Same here. And another one in another thread. Board detection times out and a message pops up to check the cabling. My pixhawk boots two times while MP tries to detect the board.

Pixhawk 2.1 here.

I have no problem connecting the pixhawk to the MP but its impossible to get the firmware update.

Same issue with Pixhawk and Pixracer.
After deinstallation of 1.3.57, download from http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/archive/MissionPlanner-1.3.56.msi and installation, I was able to update firmware.
btw: Mission Planner Link here: http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/MissionPlanner/ is dead.

Hi Michael,

Is there a fix for this problem?

please try the latest beta. I have made changes recently around firmware upload

I am having the same problem.

I tried using the force PX4 Bootloader - not working.

I succeeded with the standalone px4uploader.exe.

I got the following in the Mission Planner Log

INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect - 640 Trying Port COM57
ERROR MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect - System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’ or one of
its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’
at px4uploader.Uploader…ctor(String port, Int32 baudrate)
at MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect.DetectBoard(String port) in C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\Utilities\BoardDetect.cs:line 243

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Programs from C/Mission Planner/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : px4uploader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\Programs from C\Mission Planner\MissionPlanner.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Programs from C/Mission Planner/System.IO.Ports.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Build Number
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect - 651 Trying Port COM26
ERROR MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect - System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’ or one of
its dependencies. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51’
at px4uploader.Uploader…ctor(String port, Int32 baudrate)
at MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect.DetectBoard(String port) in C:\Users\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\Utilities\BoardDetect.cs:line 243

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Programs from C/Mission Planner/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : px4uploader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: D:\Programs from C\Mission Planner\MissionPlanner.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: System.IO.Ports, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Programs from C/Mission Planner/System.IO.Ports.DLL.
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: Build Number
ERR: Failed to complete setup of assembly (hr = 0x80131040). Probing terminated.

INFO MissionPlanner.Utilities.BoardDetect - Failed to detect px4 board type
CustomMessageBox thread calling Base Thread
CustomMessageBox thread running Base Thread

ive just pushed a new MP version that should fix this issue

Great, thanks a million.