Large Power Distribution Board (TL2996)

thank you for you response

what do you guys think?

The way you wire up 6S batteries is by connecting the positive terminal of one battery into the negative terminal of the other battery. And then connecting the free positive/negative terminals to the PDB. Usually you can make or buy a cable as shown here.
Do you have a multimeter to test continuity on the centre black and red cables? They most likely have continuity which is how you can use them in 12S voltage by wiring them up the way you’ve wired them up, and in 6S by only using the outer red/black wires and insulating the centre ones. Essentially, the PDB is wired up in the same way as the cable I linked, just internally.
So yes, if you plug in 2 6S batteries into the PDB the way you’ve wired it, you’ll see 12S voltage

will The amp draw from both batteries to the PDB be split among between the 2 6s packs as well, or will both batteries be putting out the same amps?

but would the amp draw be plit between the 2 6s packs

They’ll put out the same current if they’re in series.

For series cells the current available will be 1x the rating, possibly slightly less. In fact it will be limited by the worst cell in the series.

So whats with the center nodes (positive and negative soldered together at the terminals forming a
single node). Sorry for if I’m being annoying but if I plugged two batteries in like shown would that cause a short circuit and smoke the board? Thinking about just doing a parallel with the two outside wires (outer positive outer negative) Thank you for you replies I’m almost, have a second 6s lipo on the way for more testing.

That’s how you series up batteries. You plug the positive terminal of one battery into the negative terminal of the next battery. Normally you’d have to create a wiring harness to series up XT90 batteries but the board solders the positive and negative terminals for you already

Ok thank you very much. I got really confused when I read a review on Amazon were the purchaser pointed out that they were soldered together and that it was wrong. Thank you for your time i have a second 6s lipo on the way so I can test.

Understand this and it will be clear. Same voltage and capacity.

1 Like

Thank you guys, I’ve tested the PDB and in series Im getting the proper 12s voltage. Everyone here i very helpful. I still have lots to learn tho :slight_smile:

So in parallel the voltage stays the same but capacity increases, but in series voltage increases but capacity stays the same?