Landing gear retract on auto mission start

having trouble finding parameter when i put the copter in auto its retracting the landing gear automatically, im use to it deploying in RTL/land but cant find why its retracting. iv checked LGR_Retract_alt/ Deploy and there both set to 0. any help appreciated.

@Dustin_Mccreery,

OK, we thought this might come up when this change went in which causes the landing gear to always retract after a Takeoff command completes. I guess you’re not a fan of this behaviour?

no its not that i dont like it it was a surprise. it would be nice if we had a parameter that we could enable/disable though, most of the time i don’t see a reason i wouldn’t leave it on but some may not like this feature.

1 Like

@Dustin_Mccreery,

I’ve created a PR to add an LGR_OPTIONS parameter that allows controlling whether the landing gear are automatically retracted or deployed in Auto, Guided, RTL and SmartRTL. I expect this will get through peer review in the next week or so and will be included in Copter-4.0.4. We’ve only just started beta testing Copter-4.0.3 so Copter-4.0.4 is probably 4 to 6 weeks away.

2 Likes