KDE motor integration with Pixhawk

yes… u can check with this settings

The adapter is $20. Get one and then post about your experience using it. Limiting the throttle range to ~70% doesn’t sound like the best plan to me.

You aren’t limiting your throttle range to 70% (on the motor end) - its just KDE’s weird deadband 950 and 1100 PWM-ish.

Why do that? Nothing wrong with KDE, I have used their hardware, just curious.

It is supposed to be a “safety” thing in terms of requiring a large PWM shift from min to actually start commanding throttle.

An alternative to this is just to use 1200ish-1940 as the PWM range (because that’s where the actual throttle curve is located).

Sorry for third message in a row - but I still do think everyone should buy the DMA because it allows you to change a lot of settings to best fit your needs (similar to BLHeli).

1 Like

Not to derail this but possibly related. Another poster claimed a very high MIN throttle with those old school T-Motor Air ESC’s (that I would throw away if given). Wonder if it’s the same kind of thing?

Yeah - I think it mainly traces back to the days where there was a good amount of noise on PWM signals. T-Motor seems to have dropped the deadband (without telling anyone cuz when do they ever relay information changes to customers) while KDE still has it on by default.

1 Like