Servers by jDrones

Kakute f7 HDV with DJI Digital system support

I was told over at RCGroup to ditch Betaflight for Ardupilot because my quad is a large 850 camera type and I cant get it to fly right with Betaflight. I was told Audupilot supported my flight controller (Kakute f7 HDV) but looking around I cant see any talk around here about it.

Kakute F7 both AIO and non AIO are supported and that target should work for that board. I don’t know about the HDV functionality.

I cant just flash something thats close enough. The “HDV” version is a newer board and doesn’t even look like those boards. Someone help me? I cant buy another FC…

1 Like

I know it’s a newer board but the IMU is supported. A simailr issue came up recently regarding the Kakute F7 V1.5. It’s newer too but it runs fine on the Kakuet F7 AIO target. Try it.

1 Like

ok thanks for the support. Do I use the firmware KakuteF7 or one the others listed as mini or heli? I dont care to brick it… Im about sick of my whole build thats been finished for 5 months and dosent fly :frowning:

Heli is for Traditional Helicopter not multirotor so not that one. And I don’t think you want the mini either so that leaves one.

I don’t know if this is relevant to ArduCopter, but just in case … the Kakute F7 HDV board doesn’t have a max7456 chip. This caused problems in Betaflight which was expecting the chip to be there. There’s now a config parameter to disable looking for the chip.

Did anyone have any luck with the F7 HDV board? @Racing4funn

Servers by jDrones