Kakute F7 - can't get buzzer to work

Yes, I can test the fix on a Omnibus F4 Pro - just point me to the code that I need to install …

Firmware is here:

Load it up and then do a bootloader update from within MP or mavlink.
When you reboot hopefully the scream is gone!

I loaded that code, but could not get MP to update the bootloader, so I reinstalled ArduPlane 4.0.5 and imported the parameter file so I was back to the beginning.

But, the screaming has gone from the bootup process, so the problem is fixed.

However, I have no idea how it got fixed, as it is my understanding that the fix is in the bootloader code - is that correct?

Also, I noticed that the “screaming” still occurs during a normal ArduPlane update and lasts for the whole time that the update takes. I guess that is not a problem as it gives audible feedback of the update progress along with the visual update in MP.

Could you please explain where the fix is and how it is now in my Omnibus F4 Pro when I don’t believe I was able to update the bootloader?

How can I tell what version of bootloader is now installed?

One way to tell is to load the new firmware again - MP will refuse to update the bootloader if its the same.

Your situation seems weird. Can you explain what happened the first time when you tried to update the bootloader?

andy

The OmnibusF4 Pro that I have is used with ArduPlane and it had ArduPlane v4.0.5 installed.

I used MP to save the parameters to a file, then disconnected and selected Install Firmware > Load custom firmware and selected the “arducopter.apj” file you provided above. When that completed, I then clicked on “Bootloader Update” in the same MP screen but got a message like “cannot connect”. I then clicked on “Force Bootloader” and got the same “cannot connect” message.

Thinking that there was something wrong with the firmware update, I then re-installed ArduPlane v4.0.5. When I unplugged the USB cable from the PC and plugged it back in again to boot the OmnibusF4 Pro, that is when I noticed that the “screaming” had stopped … :smiley:

Maybe the bootloader update was so fast that it actually did update and I didn’t realise?

Why did I need to install your “arducopter.apj” file?

How can I tell what version of bootloader is now installed?

Ok, so load the firmware (it has the bootloader embedded inside it).
When loaded and the FC has booted, connect with MP like you would normally do. The “load firmware” screen will change to a single button saying “upgrade bootloader” - press it (a couple of times I think) and wait for it to say ok.
You are done.

1 Like