Just a dumb question about the throttle stick

ya you startled me with that
I read it and thought…where does that come in…But Shawn knows way more then I…so listen to him.

Cheers mate

I’ve been flying RC for well over 30 years and there is no way on this planet that I would use a radio with a spring centered throttle.

If you choose to do this I really hope you have a very good lawyer and some very good personal and property liability insurance.

Different strokes… lots of very capable multi rotor pilots have never flown anything without a centring throttle. They’d be just as messed up with your set up as you would be with theirs. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Its like have the accelerator on your car spring loaded to half throttle…

How about some names?

Ones who fly dji stuff, the inspires and M600s etc. Someone like Liamofdrones who seems to have a pretty decent gig if his profile is anything to go by.

I know several people who prefer self-centering throttle vs normal throttle. Seems to be that those who are focused more on the payload/imagery during flight like self-centering - while those flying with more of a focus on aircraft like normal throttle.

It is usually a lot easier for newer pilots to learn on self-centering as well.

1 Like

OK , some people like things backwards. What ever cranks your tractor.

1 Like

You should try to fly that quad in altitude hold mode with the sticks that recenter themselves.I think it is a good idea because most of consumer drones have self centering sticks.

Darshit123

Have a look at my earlier post. Its too easy to say I have been doing this for years and thus I am sticking to it. I too have been flying RC for years and never use a centred throttle unless its on one of my commercial drones. I know where you are coming from but rather than sticking with what I thought I knew I sat down and contemplated all of the associated pros and cons and for safety a centred throttle is a no brainer. I think your analogy of the sprig throttle being like an accelerator being stuck at half throttle is just wrong in relation to a multi rotor. If both are centred then this is asking the aircraft to hover ie stay still. If the throttle is ‘stuck’ in any other position then the aircraft will climb or descend (in most modes other than Stab). Ultimately there is no right or wrong to this but to dismiss it out of hand shows a lack of thinking the whole thing through and being open to new ideas that might actually, once in a while be the better option.

2 Likes