Jumper Xiake 800 Flight Controller

If you’re not in a hurry, it would probably be a good idea to wait until Banggood (or similar) carries it in a local warehouse. As it is now, you’ll likely pay as much for shipping as you do the aircraft.

Of course there are no guarantees in this crazy world do it’s possible the deals available now are the best they will be. Personally, I think the aircraft will be available with more reasonably priced shipping in the future.

2 Likes

I’m currently designing a 3d printed canopy for it & the DJI O3 air unit Jumper Xiake 800 Canape by maro0016 - Thingiverse

1 Like

Very cool!

Is there a reason you want the camera on top of the aircraft? It might take a bit of modification, but I’d think the O3 should be able to fit inside. Having the hot O3 inside the aircraft will likely require additional ventilation to allow for proper cooling.

Do you have an O3 yet? I’m still waiting on mine.

Hopefully you will share some photos of your progress. I’d really like to see what you come up with.

Thanks for sharing the link to your design.

2 Likes

I have my O3 already. I designed it so that the air unit is sitting on top, the antenna can be mounted and the camera is placed inside. That provides probably the best cooling. I might also add a mount for a additional BEC (@ 9V are 2A required)

2 Likes

Did you guys get in touch with MiniHawk VTOL | Hackaday.io for some kind of credit for the commercialization of their work??

3 Likes

Hi! Here is the canopy file.

Yes, I recently tried to contact him on youtube comments and leave my email, but my comment keeps disappearing. Could anyone please share his email address? Thank you!

1 Like

Here is the link of the project page, which i think you know, inside you can find Steve Carlson and send a private message to him. I also contacted him and sent him a link to this page.

regards

4 Likes

Thank you. I just registered there and sent him a message!

3 Likes

wow you guys did copy his product. Its very unfortunate that you have not mentioned him originally when you released this.

1 Like

It has not the right size, they made it wider. But the length matches …
I understand it from a tactical standpoint - jumper wanted to offer the first cheap rtf VTOL. Now it’s the right thing to properly support the open source project…

2 Likes

I really hope that Stephen gets rewarded,but more important that he continues his great work as he is a very talented person,regarding Jumper they saw an opportunity and developed it,going by the post on you tube 5hrs ago they seem pretty serious about this,I hope so as the Xiake 800 has so much potential to get people into the hobby and into ardupilot.I intend ordering one in next 10 days or so as I see hugh potential for it and more important a lot of fun to be had

3 Likes

There are nine data connections between the flight controller’s PWM OUT port and the power distribution board.

I checked continuity to see where these connections lead.

Channels
#1 Leads to two pads on the back of the PCB labeled “LED.”
#2 The tail ESC (on the bottom of the PCB). For some reason this is labeled “S1.”
#3 Starboard ESC
#4 Starboard aileron servo.
#5 Starboard tilt servo.
#6 Solder pad on the back of the PCB labeled “S6.”
#7 Port aileron servo.
#8 Port tilt servo.
#9 Port ESC.

Here’s a photo of the top of the power distribution board with some of these connections labeled.

Here’s the bottom of the PCB.

It seems odd to me the silkscreen “S6” corresponds with position 6 on the connector yet “S1” corresponds with the position 2.
Another oddity is how the order of the wing channels are not consistent. The starboard wing channels are ESC, aileron, then tilt. The port channels are aileron, tilt and ESC.

None of this information is needed to use the aircraft but I thought I’d share this in case anyone else was interested in which channel did what. These are channel numbers according to the pinout on the flight controller PWM OUT connector (earlier post with pinouts). I don’t know how these channels correspond with the pins on the microcontroller.

3 Likes

Thank you Marty! It is our intention to make up for it to Steve and make to get people into the hobby.
He is really talented because thanks to him we were able to enhance his design and make it possible to be mass produced. It’s very noob friendly in all ways, in my opinion. I have never flown wings, but i will try very soon myself. Coming from quadcopters, this seemed difficult in the beginning but now it seems very straight forward.
Big props to Steve and all of you here for spending your time testing this product and helping with valuable feedback and just purchasing it.

2 Likes

Is there any place in Europe where it can be bought? Or in China with decently fast delivery to Europe?

thanks

1 Like

I bought it at Ali Express. Delivery is fast but expensive (about 80€)

I have seen some sellers on Ali Express but none of them offers fast delivery. Where did you get it from?

https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004946360074.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.0.0.44106368vHxhsK&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu

Bad news: the price doubled

This is cheap & delivery is free: https://m.de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004957379568.html?spm=a2g0n.order_detail.order_detail_item.2.664b6368EBMrE0&gatewayAdapt=glo2deu
I got a second one :wink:

Estimated delivery Jan 5th. I am looking for something a bit faster.