JSBSim version for ArduPlane 3.8.5

Hello,
I am trying to set up SITL with JSBSim using a fork of Arduplane 3.8.5, released Apr 25, 2018.

The current SITL-documentation (https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/sitl-with-jsbsim.html) states that “In the past ArduPilot required a special version of JSBSim. As of December 2018 that is no longer the case, and we can use the standard JSBSim releases”. Presumably this means I need the special version of JSBSim.

Where can I find this special version of JSBSim?

Thanks in advance!
Jonas

Why do you need to use AP 3.8.5?
Use current version of AP.

Hello LupusTheCanine,

I use AP 3.8.5 because I simply love vintage programming. :slight_smile:

No, seriously – this particular fork of AP 3.8.5 contains some experimental features that I need to test. Using the current version of AP would be nice, but does not solve my problem.

@anyone - Suggestions where I can find the special version of JSBSim that is referred to the the AP documentation would be very appreciated!

Many thanks,
Jonas

Problem solved (I think).

After implementing the following commits in the V3.8.5 SIM_JSBSim.cpp and SIM_JSBSim.h, the V3.8.5 appears to work with the standard JSBSim.

f8407dd
28a1222
6beac98
166291c
732f2e7
2317e73
dedb7e1
2c519d5

There are still some things to iron out to get the simulation to work, but with the above changes JSBSim and ArduPilot seems to talk nicely to each other.

Jonas