Joystick Integration with Mission planner

SharpDX-joysticktest.zip (372.5 KB)
Had a little spare time during morning cofee. This is a small console app, which uses the exact same SharpDX library version that MissionPlanner is using. It look for the first joystick and display changes of any axis. If you can see movement on all neccessary axes, then the problem is related to Mission Planner, if it does not see some axes then it is windows/driver related.

Thank you for sending it this early.

I am attaching a screenshot for what is detected by throttle movement.
But even in this application yaw is not detected at all.
So as you predicted it might be an issue with the system itself.

I tried to install the necessary drivers from the Thrust Master -Technical support website and then went to mission planner to check if that works. But its even worse now. After installing the drivers on my system the Mission planner does not detect the joystick at all and also a I get a yellow light on PS button in the joystick. I uninstalled the drivers from thrust master, Mission planner detects it and now, I get red light on PS button roll(x axis) and pitch(Y axis) works fine but the throttle (Z axis) and Yaw (Rz axis) is not detected.!
Screenshot (124)|690x388

The only thing that come into my mind, that somehow your Hotas is stuck in Console mode, I read some reports that this produces the same symptoms.
If this is not the case then I’m baffled. (However there are numerous reports of not working throttle and yaw with Hotas 4… )

Yeah even I have read about the Hotas 4 having this problem. But I could not find a suitable solution for mine to work on mission planner.
If in case its in console mode? What is it?
And how do I come out of that and get this working?

Well, unfortunately I don’t have a Hotas4, but on My Hotas X there is a switch on the back. Check the manual of your joy…