Joystick doesn't work

I am looking to experiment with joystick control, but it doesn’t seem to be working. MP successfully detects my joystick, and I can assign the channels and watch the bars move with my inputs. However, even after clicking Save and Enable, the inputs are never passed to the AP. Looking at the radio cal page, nothing moves - I have tried with the RC Transmitter on and off, doesn’t change it. Tried enabling joystick before connecting, no change.

Any ideas? Working with ArduPlane 3.1

Thanks!

Two PWM values need to be set, RC6 & RC7 and RC10 & RC11, both to around 1100/1900, this however is for controlling a gimbal with a joystick but it wouldn’t work until both were set so it might be the solution in your case?

Thanks for the response, Graham. I’m not quite sure I’m following - where do I set the PWM values? I am not planning on controlling a gimbal.

I followed the joystick instructions carefully and they don’t seem to work.

Thanks,
Dan

Can you post some screen grabs, and maybe details of just what is your joystick, OS, RC controller etc. Not much to work with here.

Surely. The joystick is a “ThrustMaster T-Flight Hotas X” stick. Pretty basic, but it is successfully detected by Windows (8.1) and seems to work fine in MP.

[attachment=0]miss.PNG[/attachment]

When I move the stick, the correct axes move in MP, and everything looks good. I click “Save” and then “Enable” and based on the instructions, this is the part where it’s supposed to start working, but it doesn’t. I have the plane in Manual mode, armed, and nothing moves. Looking at the RC cal page, none of the channels move along with the joystick as the tutorial says they will. However, if I move my RC controller sticks, everything operates as normal.

It just seems like either MP isn’t sending the RC overrides or the plane isn’t processing them.

Thanks for the help.

Dan

Can you send anything through your telemetry? What is your telemetry set up?

Look on the Status tab, scroll right and you should see “rcoverride” 1 through 8. Do they change as you work the joystick?

[quote=“Bill English”]Can you send anything through your telemetry? What is your telemetry set up?

Look on the Status tab, scroll right and you should see “rcoverride” 1 through 8. Do they change as you work the joystick?[/quote]

Yes, telemetry works fine - I have used this setup (minus the joystick) for hours worth of flight time, just only now trying the joystick. Telem is 3DR radio on either end (Pixhawk AP).

Yes, the rcoverrides do show up and do change as I move the joystick.

[attachment=0]rco.PNG[/attachment]

Thanks,
Dan

Just bumping this up - any ideas?

Hi,
This might seem quite simple.
In my case, I would click “Enable” BEFORE doing the button mapping. Have you tried that?

I had the same problem. I solved it by reseting AP parameters to defoult then it started to work.
Then I just restored all values back from saved configuration exept Parameters for communicationSR0,SR1,SR2. I guess I messed to much whith those.