AerialMetric is a French company that has been operating in Madagascar for more than 12 years.
Originally, AerialMetric used to offer services in aerial topography and design of aeronautical imagery solutions. However, for the past 3 years the company has embraced a new domain of expertise, that is the design and construction of UAV for the transportation of medicines and health products.
A VTOL-based UAV was recently developed for the delivery of NGO’s health products (medicines and diagnostic tests) to remote areas (further than 100KM from the take-off point) in challenging conditions (weather, altitude, absence of cellular coverage, etc.).
# Join us!
In order to support its expansion in Madagascar and in Africa, AerialMetric is seeking an engineer or student specialized in aeronautics/aerospace/mechanical engineering to manage and train a new team of technicians that will manufacture and test transportation UAVs in Madagascar. Ideally the candidate will be able to demonstrate a true passion for UAV manufacturing and public health or humanitarian work.
Sounds like you? Read on!
# Your contribution
- Assist an engineer in the design of drones (CAD, digital wind tunnel, flight controller software, simulation)
- Procurement of parts and materials necessary for the manufacturing of UAVs
- Production of prototypes (CNC machine, composite and 3D printing)
- UAV flight tests and actual health products delivery in collaboration with local NGOs.
- Supervision of the maintenance and repairs of the UAV on lease to AerialMetric’s clients
- Recruitment, training and supervision of UAV operators (pilots)
# What are we looking for?
- Perfect command of MSOffice (MSWord, MSExcel, MPowerpoint) + MSProject or the equivalent
- Excellent written/spoken English and French
- A “start-up” spirit
- Experience with the design, manufacturing and piloting of professional UAVs
- Experience with flight controllers
What would get us excited:
- Knowledge of Ardupilot, Mission Planner, Mavlink, embedded linux (for Raspberry Pi for example),
- Experience with Arduplane VTOLs (“quadplane”), software for revision control (git for example)
- Experience in software programming of flight controllers
- Advanced knowledge of the programming languages C/C++, C# and Python