Jitter on racer

Got around my GPS problem to an extent in order to test these parameters. Put the GPS on a pedistal and it’s a lot better. GPS Ground course is still quite noisy, but I got 1.1 on HDOP and 7 satelites. Still not perfect, but it was enough to get into the air. I won’t be able to get my hands on a better GPS for a week or two.

This is the log!

It’s not in PosHold, flying manually, which accounts for the less than flat signal, although it feels quite wobbley, like it’s being balance on top of a ball. But it is much better.

A few failsafe settings are still quite accepting, but as it gets a little cleaner I’ll tighten them up before I get more than a meter over the ground.

It looks like connecting existing cables to the GEP-M10-DQ shouldn’t be all that difficult. Same signals and voltage levels… It’s a UBlox M10 chip

Connecting cables to any Module is not a problem. Solder splice and some shrink tube.

Got the GEP-M10-DQ working, and it’s a LOT better. From 7 satelites to 24 and HDOP of 0,6 ! It was telling me that the GPS configuration was failing though, I had to bypass the GPS Configuration Arming interlock to get it into the air. If anybody knows why, I’d appreciate it. Both the GPS and the compass work fine. Wiring looks OK