JHEMCU F405-XSD F405XSD Flight Controller Is this FC supported by arducopter?

Is this low cost FC supported by arducopter?

Thanks

@andyp1per

Wonder why it’s so cheap. Wouldn’t want another situation like the Jumper plane where they cheaped out with a Chinese clone processor that has problems with the Arduplane firmware it comes with… But to be fair people got what they paid for with that plane.

Hi Dave, let’s hope it’s not the same problem (I saw the VTOL jumper thread).
On Aliexpress the documentation mentions STM32F405. I am seeing on the site

https://www.jhemcu.com/e_products/FC-1.html

but it seems to be under maintenance.
It could be a good budget choice for small 2/5" copters.
I saw that there are other F405 supported by arducopter for this same brand. Maybe @andyp1per can say more

Yea, zooming in on one of those photos it does look like a STM product.

1 Like

You need a pin definition. If you can find one for betaflight then I have written a python script that will do a reasonable attempt at a port - you could try it

2 Likes

Says it uses the same BF target as this board on the Aliexpress page:
JHEF405PRO

1 Like

Note this FC uses the ICM42688P gyro and performs very poorly due to an improperly designed power section that adds a ton of noise. Expect to have to run significant filtering and having to dial back your PIDs. I would avoid this FC if possible.

That IMU has performed good for me on Matek boards. Cube Orange+ has them too.

Yes, the gyro is fine. The issue is the noisy 3.3v supply on these poorly designed 1-2S AIO boards that feeds into the gyro signal. It seems the ICM series IMUs require much cleaner power than the MPU6000 IMUs that were previously used in these designs.

1 Like

Ah right, got it. That makes sense, it’s probably one reason they are so cheap.