Jeti Exbus Telemetry script

I use Jeti transmitter with ardupilot but dont like that there is no way to get telemetry directly from the autopilot to the RC receiver. I would have liked it if arduplot could support jeti exbus for receiver connection, but since that is not available, and I lack the skills to add it myself, I wonder if it would be possible to create a lua script that extracts user selected parameters and transmits them in exbus format on one of the serial ports.

Anyone knows if this would, or wouldnt work? So the receiver would send its RC signal on the RCin as usual (ppm, udi, or sbus), but telemetry nrs would be sent over telemetry2 and exbus to one of the receivers exbus ports.

Not very good with programming but I can figure out how to read out the relevant data, but not sure how to imlement the exbus

There are a few Arduino mavlink>jeti converters out there for it, I used one of them years ago for a jeti system. You would need a 16mhz ATMEGA328 based controller like Arduino UNO or pro mini connected between a port set for mavlink 1 and the receiver.

I have used the above on several builds and on some it works and on others it doesnt. I have not figured out why (seems to work better on planes than on copters!)

Thinking a lua script must be a better solution

1 Like

I think its just ancient and ardupilot has changed a lot since it as made, ideally it would need its mavlink component updated to a newer version of the library.

Agree, that is what I have conluded as well, but lua was not available back when this code was made. Today, instead of making an up to date arduino hack, it seems smarter to do this directly with lua, but I dont know if there are any technical limitations making this impossible.

1 Like

AFAIK none that couldn’t be reasonably dealt with worst by adding new bindings to the Lua API.

1 Like

here is the jeti documentation for the protocol.

1 Like

I will give it a try then. It is beyond my current skills, but a good upportunity to learn.

Figure I can use a c++ to lua translator to get something to start from (from arduino exbus applications). Are there any lua script in the ardupilot example library that could be useful?

I don’t think so. Looking at the Jeti EX Bus protocol it would be better implemented in C++ in AP_RCProtocol library. Though the initial development should be doable in Lua.