I've tried to analyse the attached log, but to indepth

A few days ago I was given some advice of an awesome website to help me try and diagnose the following…

I have been trying to analyse this myself but I am getting lost in it

I had a pretty bad crash happen on Xmas eve that pretty much totally destroyed my Quad.

So much so, it has taken until today to bring it back out try and find out what happened.

It was flying just fine in loiter & stabilize mode on the same flight.

I recall having entered 2 waypoints into mission planner at the time for the next test, switched modes and watched it tumble all the way into the ground.

It all happened so fast I didn’t have a chance to try and recover :frowning:

Having been totally out of the scene and APM planner use (and upgrades) in that time, I am now having problems trying to find out from the logs what actually happened

[b]I will continue my learning of analysis of log files but I think I am in a little to deep on this problem

Any assistance appreciated[/b]

You ran out of batteries.

JSCHALL, thank you :slight_smile:
I am about to go back into the logs now myself to learn and try and see that for myself
I didn’t even look for anything battery related as my low battery alarm didnt sound and I hadn’t been flying all that long really
Additionally because it had been flying well until the exact moment I switched modes, that’s where I had been trying to focus.
A lot to learn re log analysis yet but I’ll get there

Kindest regards
Sean

JSCHALL, can I please ask what software you graphed this in.

A quick look again using mission planner, I cant help thinking what you have graphed may have been a successful failsafe test turning off the transmitter with the actual fault/crash appearing approx 4 minutes later when I switched to guided mode

Cheers
Sean

[quote=“seanbau”]JSCHALL, can I please ask what software you graphed this in.

A quick look again using mission planner, I cant help thinking what you have graphed may have been a successful failsafe test turning off the transmitter with the actual fault/crash appearing approx 4 minutes later when I switched to guided mode

Cheers
Sean[/quote]

Woah, I think I gave you the wrong graphs. Those are supposed to go to someone in the plane forums. Here are the right ones.

The software is my branch of pymavlink github.com/jschall/mavlink/tree/dfreader_wip

No problems at all JSCHALL

I actually did get as far as finding similar in mission planner logs but just not sure what then, I see the sharp brief drop in voltage at the time I switched modes. As a noobie best guess for what I see in the graphs is brownout but I have a capacitor for brownout protection

[quote=“seanbau”]No problems at all JSCHALL

I actually did get as far as finding similar in mission planner logs but just not sure what then, I see the sharp brief drop in voltage at the time I switched modes. As a noobie best guess for what I see in the graphs is brownout but I have a capacitor for brownout protection[/quote]

Note that the throttle required to maintain altitude increased to max throttle. It’s sort of irrelevant what actually happened, since the cause is clearly the battery reaching zero charge and the copter was definitely going to crash in some way or another.

JSCHALL not only have you helped me solve an issue, I have also learnt from you making me more confident for my next analysis task

My thanks for your time and understanding

Regards
seanbau