Issues with matek-f405-vtol

As university group project we plane on making a 4+1 VTOL with the two front motors tilting
we have ran into a problem with motors and escs .
we’re using the matek-f405-vtol with 5 namless escs and brushless motor as we are on a tight budget and things are not cheap here
the problem is : when arm the board and calibrate the esc’s the motor don’t have the same rate of spin and some spin too fast at high throttle and after that two of them shutts off completely .
and when i try with motor test in mission planner they only start spinning on somewhat high throttle 15% or higher we tried to switch the battery but nothing seems to help
is it a board problem or esc ? we are really stuck

You may need to perform the ESC calibration. This is challenging because you claim they are “Nameless” so you will need to test and see how to enter the calibration procedure.

Here are the instructions for typical ESCs

Best to use only the Motor test feature to check motors and check each motor is starting to spin at the same value. (ie 10%, motor start to spin on all motors)

thank you for your reply . i will to try follow these instructions
and here are some images of the motors and esc’s and didn’t find anything about them ont the internet that’s why i calimed they are “nameless” maybe you or someone used them can help.
the motors are a2212 but i couldn’t find anything on the esc’s

You can find information about those Motors and ESC’s in this Forum Post:
Hardware to Avoid

1 Like

here are two videos showing the issues we are having :
the first video is with motor test at high %throtlle if i recall corretcly it’s 50% and you can see some are spinning fine and some have a kinda of pulsating spin as for the last one it just gave out completely :

the second one is when the board is armed and as we increase the throtlle the first one responds immediately but only respond as we increase the throttle :

You need to troubleshoot with Motor Test. Testing using the Transmitter tells you nothing. You have a real mess of wiring there. Check all your solder joints and perhaps replace the ESC on the non-running motor. With those junk ESC’s you should buy 6 to get 4 working.

Remove those props! Yikes.

As Dave said you must check with motor test, and you need to check each motor rpm at the same % output from the motor test page.

yeah i knew those esc’s aren’t great i’ll try to get better quality ones,and aside from esc’s should i be looking for anything else ?