Issues with guided mode when GCS only

I am a beginner on Mission Planner (less than 3 months of user) but before i did my own fpv quad.
I’m student.
I have a project with my school to build an autonomous sailboat.

I bought a pixhawk pro (Pixhawk PRO Flight Controller with GPS and V5 500MW 433Mhz Telemetry Radio for Quadcopter Ardupilot - Free Shipping - ThanksBuyer)
and two servo motors (https://www.thanksbuyer.com/9imod-25kg-270-dc-motor-digital-servo-ip67-waterproof-servo-ds25mg-270-featuring-iron-core-motor-77144).

I want to use the sailboat without RC (in GCS only mode).

I followed the “first setup”, “first trip and adjustment”, “GCS operation only” and “sailing boat” pages in ardupilot.org.

Here is my mounting equipment:

The GPS works well, the compass too.
I mounted a 5V bec with an ESC that I had at home, but it’s just to supply power to the servos (as indicated in “Servo PWM”).

I set SERVO9_FUNCTION = 26 (Ground steering) and SERVO10_FUNCTION = 89 (MainSail).

Since I don’t (yet) have a weather vane I set WNDVN_TYPE=1 (Heading when armed).

What interests me is getting Guided mode to work. But when I right click and then “fly to here” nothing happens. I expected the rudder servo to start moving but it didn’t move.

So I tested lots of settings since it didn’t work, so I shown you my full parameter list here : full Parameter list Pixhawk pro sailboat : - Google Docs

Also i put the latest firmware (rover 4.5.1 OFFICIAL).

If you have any idea to solve my problem don’t hesitate, I take any advice.

Pablo C

Hi @Pablo_Cr,

I haven’t investigated this too much but you might want to set BRD_SAFETY_DEFLT = 0 to disable the safety switch completely (and then reboot the autopilot).

Make sure the vehicle is armed of course (you can do this from the Mission Planner actions tab).

I see you’ve modified the ARMING_CHECK parameter, normally that should be left at 1 and then look into any failures it throws when you try to arm.

You’ll need to make sure that the vehicle has a position estimate. Click on MP’s EKF label (it’s on the HUD) and make sure there are no red items shown. It should look something like this

Please consider posting an onboard log file.