Issues Oscillating throttle and freezing OSD Stream

Hi all i have just updated one of plane from black cube to an orange now i have an issue with the throttle hunting in Auto and RTL
i just upgraded from a black to orange cube 0n 4.0.7
have listen to the video
https://youtu.be/7gtnSfpuNHc

issue 2 the osd keeps freezing and getting a message stream freezing

I had similar throttle oscillations with a cube orange. One thing I noticed was that if I had the throttle stick below 50% the oscillations went away. The fix was to set THROTTLE_NUDGE = 0. There was another post around here that connected the oscillations to the RDF900X/TXMOD radios. Either way, it fixed it for me.

will give it a go thanks
i would like to know whats going on with these orange cubes my first one rebooted in mid air cost me a plane that took me 1 year to build i have 2 new builds with orange cubes that i to scared to maiden i may take them out put back black cubes in them

@yak-54 that „Stream Frozen“ message is individual to night_ghost minimOSD code:

it‘s triggered by an empty input data counter and is supposed to re-request streamrates. however, mind that the 328p‘s ressources are pretty maxed out with this code and active development has stalled years ago.

it might be worth checking your connection:
do you use both RX and TX lines to / from yourOSD board?
does your OSD share the serial port with any other serial hardware?
what‘s your serial port‘s SRn_ params showing with the OSD powered and running?

Thanks for your time buddy

yes i use TX and RX from the orange cube and its on its own serial port tel port 2
and its not shared

SERIAL2_BAUD,57
SERIAL2_OPTIONS,0
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL,1

SR0_ADSB,5
SR0_EXT_STAT,2
SR0_EXTRA1,4
SR0_EXTRA2,4
SR0_EXTRA3,2
SR0_PARAMS,10
SR0_POSITION,2
SR0_RAW_CTRL,2
SR0_RAW_SENS,2
SR0_RC_CHAN,2

SR1_ADSB,5
SR1_EXT_STAT,2
SR1_EXTRA1,4
SR1_EXTRA2,4
SR1_EXTRA3,2
SR1_PARAMS,10
SR1_POSITION,2
SR1_RAW_CTRL,2
SR1_RAW_SENS,2
SR1_RC_CHAN,2

SR2_ADSB,5
SR2_EXT_STAT,5
SR2_EXTRA1,5
SR2_EXTRA2,5
SR2_EXTRA3,1
SR2_PARAMS,10
SR2_POSITION,2
SR2_RAW_CTRL,1
SR2_RAW_SENS,5
SR2_RC_CHAN,1

SR3_ADSB,5
SR3_EXT_STAT,2
SR3_EXTRA1,2
SR3_EXTRA2,2
SR3_EXTRA3,2
SR3_PARAMS,10
SR3_POSITION,2
SR3_RAW_CTRL,2
SR3_RAW_SENS,2
SR3_RC_CHAN,2

that’s looking good at a rough glance, seems rate requests do work. so it might be either your FC’s telemetry or the OSD code stalling.
what’s your BRD_SER2_RTSCTS set to?

never compile it just used the hex file it should be 57MinimOsd_Extra_Uni.945DV-MAVLINK-release.zip (34.5 KB)

BRD_SER1_RTSCTS,2 is Auto
BRD_SER2_RTSCTS,2 is Auto

frankly i‘m not familiar with hardware flow control auto setting. i personally would set it off if not used, but i assume auto works fine too.
you might want to connect serial2 to a GCS using a FTDI and check the actual MAVLink stream rates. if they‘re ok i guess that would put the blame on the OSD. i did see occasional freezes too back in the days of standalone OSD running ng fw. honestly, i‘ve never looked back at that after switching to aio-type boards with onboard OSD…