Issue with roll and pitch

hello. I’ve pitched the CUAV-X7 90 degree but in Mission Planner it shows 180 degree of roll besides of 90 degree of pitch.what is the problem in your idea?what should I do to fix it?

Set LOG_DISARMED,1 and do some pitch and roll movements, no more than 45 degrees.
Send that .bin log file via a file sharing site.

After set LOG_DISARMED,0

110 1-1-1980 3-30-00 AM.bin (652 KB)
I emphasize the problem is in 90 degree of pitch and above it not for 45 degree.

Do you @rmackay9 know how can i fix it? could you please help me

Do you @ppoirier know how can I fix it? could you please help me.

EDITED
Can you repeat the LOG_DISARMED test with

EK3_IMU_MASK,7

and do you pitch and roll passed 90 degrees

When you pitch up past 90 degrees from level, you are then inverted so roll angle flips from 0 (level) to 180 (inverted). This discontinuity is inherent to Euler angles. Also note that at 90 degrees pitch, yaw will also flip direction. Look up “gimbal lock”.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification Mark.
I just tried it here with an old Pixhawk1 and a Cube Orange → the HUD looks and acts like I expect it too.
The Roll indicator does have to spin around (upside-down) as pitch passes 90 degrees, but that doesnt necessarily mean roll has changed. It’s just a visual thing of the HUD operation I think.
Actually thinking about if you roll 180 or pitch 180 there’s no difference except the direction of travel, so I do see what you mean as pitch passes 90.

@Mohammadreza_hedayat I think you should have EK3_IMU_MASK,7 unless there is some special reason not to.