Issue with building a minimal firmware for custom board

If you continue to encounter problems, it’s possible you simply have misconfigured the WSL2 installation, and it may be best to start over entirely. I’m not even sure how you got an Ubuntu distro to skip the user creation step and default to a root shell.

Follow the instructions on this page to reset the distro:
How to reset WSL Linux distro on Windows 11 - Pureinfotech

Then run through the initial distro setup again, being sure to enter a username at the very first prompt that a new Ubuntu installation gives you.

Yeah I checked whoami, followed the steps you just sent and get the same error as before. You might be right about having misconfigured WSL2. I’ll try starting over completely when I get the chance.

I think I may have narrowed it down to the fact that daniel is likely not a sudoer.

However, your WSL2 image seems to be configured in a very non-standard way that will likely only result in further frustration, and I really think you should start fresh. Be sure you’re using WSL2 and the Ubuntu image provided by Microsoft. Upgrading from WSL to WSL2 is easily found via Google, if you find that you need to do so.

Using a regular Windows command prompt, issue wsl -l -v, and you should see this (possibly along with some entries for docker):

PS C:\Users\yuri>wsl -l -v
  NAME                   STATE           VERSION
* Ubuntu                 Running         2

Yep. I’ll do a full reinstallation of WSL2 using the link you sent above. Thank you for all your help thus far

1 Like

I had the same error as topic starter when i tried to compile secure bootloader. The issue was in incorrect version of arm-none-eabi-gcc. I installed 10.3 and got error. Then rollback to 10.2 downloaded from ArduPilot firmware : /Tools/STM32-tools and it’s compiled without any errors.
BTW: I’m on M2 Mac.