Issue setting up receiver and servo motor with PX4 with APM/Mission Planner

Hello,

I am currently in the process of constructing a package delivery system guided by a parachute. It is controlled by two servo motors, each connected to one parachute suspension line. I have the servo motors connected to a receiver (FrSky V8FR-II), and as a result i am able to control them.

I am trying to integrate the PX4 into the system in order to gather telemetry (how the package moves/descent rate as the servo turns), and have attached a GPS to the PX4. I am having issues getting the servo’s to work with the receiver. The receiver is connected to the RC IN port, and the two servos are connected to the 1st and 2nd MAIN OUT ports.

The whole system is powered by a 1000mAh LI-PO battery, connected to the POWER terminal of the PX4 via a regulator. The receiver is powered correctly but the servo’s do not turn when i turn the controller. When i connect the servos to the receiver they work as desired.

I am using APM planner but am having issues configuring it. I also have access to Mission Planner but would prefer to use APM.

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry if i have not provided enough information, i am new to all of this, and am in a bit over my head!

Cheers!

px4 the hardware or software?

Sorry, should have specified - PX4 the hardware!