Issue guided mode mavlink velocity command

Using ROS-SITL, I detected using dronekit to set the velocity in the vehicle.message_factory.set_position_target_local_ned_encode, that the drone starts rotating if the y velocity component, v_y, is non-zero. With the v_y=0 and v_x or v_z non-zero the drone behaves normal. In Arducopter version 4.0.7 this does not happen. Is this a bug in Copter 4.1 or am I missing something?

Are you using 4.1.2?

I cloned ArduCopter V4.2.0-dev

From today? It got some new guided features yesterday. In any way, you should open a bug report at github.com/ardupilot/ardupilot/

I opened a bug report. I also observed this weird behavior when I was flying my drone flashed with Copter 4.1

@amilcarlucas I discovered some weird behaviors sending different mavlink velocity commands. I am using SITL. To set the y component of the velocity I am using the following messages.

• message SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED 0 1 0 9 3527 0 0 0 0 -0.8 0 0 0 0 0 0. The copter rotates and aligns the heading with the y-axis.

• message SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED 0 1 0 9 2503 0 0 0 0 -0.8 0 0 0 0 0 0. In this message the yaw rate is not ignored and equals 0. The copter does not rotate and moves along the y-axis. Wanted behavior.

• sending message 3527 immediately after 2503 does no longer rotate the copter!

Any ideas?

Sorry I am on holidays, away from computers, and can not help you right now.