Is this supported? JHEMCU GF30H743

This is very cheap for a h743 controller, is it supported with ardupilot?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006481909692.html

Since it isn’t listed here, it is not officially supported

there was a JHEMCU board that was supported I wasnt sure if this was related.

Probably some unofficial beta exists? I’d like to try it as beta tester ;))
For the moment this is the cheapest FC with H743 and I’m pretty sure it might be a good choice
as ardupilot controller

1 Like

Currently in master, libraries/AP_HAL_ChibiOS/hwdef does not contain a directory for this board.

However, based on what I see about the board, there is nothing preventing Ardupilot from supporting it - someone just needs to write a hwdef.dat for it, most likely by running hwdef/scripts/convert_betaflight_unified.py on a Betaflight target, editing, checking and double-checking. Obviously, for that someone needs to have such a board in hand…

There might be a chance that there is a currently supported board which is sufficiently similar to this board, so that one can adjust just a little bit. For instance, Flywoo GOKU F405 ERVT can run the target FlywooF405S-AIO with an addition of one barometer driver and a subsequent change of AHRS rotation in the parameters. But this typically works for similar boards from one manufacturer, and again, I am not sure there is such a board for the topic subject.

3 Likes

JHEF-JHEH743_HD.zip (3.9 KB)

I use the “hwdef/scripts/convert_betaflight_unified.py” to covert it to hwdef.dat and hwdef_bl.dat from JHEF-JHEH743_HD.config.
I will find time to give it a try.

I think this has been added. there should be firmware for it soon.

1 Like

Trying to build firmware for it…
The problem is in 743VGT6 which has only 1Mb flash according to docs (unlike other H743 boards which use 743VIT6 with 2M flash)
And in huge sized 128K flash sectors … AP use one sector for bootloader and two sectors for params …
after all 1024-3*128 = 640Kb only remains for firmware, that’s not enough for full featured firmware…
Even with minimized OSD support it do not fit ;(

2 Likes

That’s crap, I didn’t know there were different versions of the h743.

This one only seen on Chinese Cheap Shit sites?

It’s probably a regular 743 with defective memory that has just been disabled and sold as a different product. They are probably only sold in small batches since it will take time to accumulate enough of them.

……………. .
Bottom of the bin.

chip binning is pretty common, but they are usually more clearly marked.

Yea, I have been in a Fab. My son-in-law gave me a tour once at an Intel facility. Full Bunny suit :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Stm cube reads my one as default 2mb.
Firmware compiled for 2mb limit is loaded and verified successfully, fc boot ok, mission planner connected. For now , I tested imu and motors only… Looks like my sample have full 2mb flash functioning ok despite it labeled as vgt6 (1mb).
But Sure we can not relay on such lucky cases as my sample for stable release version (((
Compiled full firmware is about 1.5m in total including first 3 sectors (1 for bootloader, and 2 for params)