Is there way to turn off fixed wing assistance from quadplane mode?

Hello,

1. Question: Is there a way to turn off fixed-wing assistance in QStabilize mode only?

It seems that PX4 has this function, but ArduPilot does not have it yet.

If there is no direct way to do that, is there a workaround? For example, assigning switches to the servo angle so that when the switch is activated, the fixed-wing servo is disabled, preventing fixed-wing assistance in quadplane mode.

amd I wonder also how to add rudder mixing on roll fixed wing assistance.

1. My Situation:
    We are landing a large VTOL (2.9m) on a moving ship at full speed in harsh (windy) conditions using QStabilize mode.

The air speed below the wing is about stall speed when landing(because of the face-wind.). so it generates many lifts. When the roll stick is used in QStabilize mode, the fixed-wing ailerons engage, significantly affecting the aircraft’s yaw and making the landing phase very difficult.

If the roll stick is moved too much, yaw becomes uncontrollable. If the roll stick is moved slowly, the landing is unnecessarily slow on the moving ship.

1. For Your Reference:
    We have been doing this for over 100 hours, and the pilot is capable of performing various helicopter aerobatics. Therefore, I do not doubt the pilot’s ability. The yaw imbalance caused by the fixed-wing assistance is inevitable and cannot be solved with pilot skills alone.

The first thing that comes to me is aileron to rudder mixing (it is set to 0?.5 by default as it is needed for initial control surface check). Though I am not sure if it is enabled in Q modes but it is easy to check.

If after making sure that rudder doesn’t respond to roll in hover you can use differential ailerons to reduce adverse yaw.

I’m sorry, I can’t understand this meaning :

“use differential ailerons to reduce adverse yaw”

in Quadplane mode I didn’t saw rudder active when moving sticks.

Typically the aileron moving up causes less drag than the aileron moving down. This causes adverse yaw. Having larger movement of the aileron in the up direction than down can negate this effect.

Adverse yaw can be seen as aircraft initially yawing out of the turn when initially rolling. You may have to disable rudder mixing to see that.

Sorry, I’m trying to understand your saying.

do you mean this?(MIXING_GAIN)

its value is 0.5

or this?

KFF_RDDRMIX.

do you mean this is engaged when q-mode?

No this is for V-tail/elevon mixer.

The relevant parameter is KFF_RDDRMIX.

Differential aileron