Is there a way to have Mission Planner show as "disconnected" after a certain time if no heartbeats are received?

I found that, in its default configuration, Mission Planner does not show as “disconnected” even if it is receiving no heartbeats, as long as the TCP connection is alive (using TCP).

In a situation where there is a companion computer that just forwards mavlink packets, this could fool the user into thinking the flight controller is still communicating with Mission Planner, even if the flight controller is off.

Is there a way to have Mission Planner show as “disconnected” after a certain time if no heartbeats are received?

1 Like

at this point in time I don’t plan on making any change regarding this. as it seems like a remote problem, not a actual problem with mission planner.

MP currently shows a red cross on the hud if no packets have been received over the link for 10 seconds, from a sysid,compid.
in your scenario though I assume the companion computer is still sending some kind of packet

this seems like an issue that needs to be resolved by the companion computer vs mission planner.