Is there a way to get SmartAudio working?

Most of this in already in 4.1

Hi Andy,

I noticed youā€™ve picked up the PR on this?

Iā€™ve got the 4.1.0 dev firmware installed on my Cube Black - and have enabled the VTX_ENABLE param, but i dont have any param for the VTX_SMA_ENABLE - as @wapophis mentions above.

Keen to give this a go for my TBS VTX. As others say above - happy to chuck some $$ toward the developers for such a great job on all of this.

Cheers.

You just need VTX_ENABLE and appropriate serial protocol, no need for anything else anymore. But you need to build the firmware currently.

Cheers Andy. Forgive my noobness, does that mean itā€™s not currently in the Dev version? Also is there a guide to building the firmware? Not done anything like that before.

Its not currently in the dev version, but I hope to get it merged this week

1 Like

Smart audio is now merged, but we just need the half-duplex change merged in order for it to work properly

1 Like

Half-duplex change is merged, so SmartAudio is ready to go! Thanks to @wapophis and anyone else who has contributed to this - a group effort.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Whatever I try, SA isnā€™t working, Iā€™m using ArduPlane V4.1.0dev (c3502689) on a PH4-mini 00190036 31385118 35333837.

The VTX Iā€™m using is a Atlatl-HV 2.3 with SA 2.0 on a Pixhawk 4 mini

|VTX_BAND|0|
|VTX_CHANNEL|0|
|VTX_ENABLE|1|
|VTX_FREQ|0|
|VTX_MAX_POWER|800|
|VTX_OPTIONS|0|
|VTX_POWER|0|

|SERIAL2_BAUD|4|
|SERIAL2_OPTIONS|4|
|SERIAL2_PROTOCOL|35|

When I change for example |VTX_CHANNEL|0| to |VTX_CHANNEL|1| nothing changes on the VTX.

I connected the SA connector of the VTX to the TX of SERIAL1 of the FC and also the power and common ground is connected to the FC.

Do I need a special firmware version to use this? I thought is was already ā€œmergedā€

Thanks OJ

When it finally got merged SA was protocol 37 - 35 is ADSB

hi, it require lua scripting? It will work on f405wing?

No lua requirement, it will work on all boards

1 Like

Hi I have 4.0.1dev at April 9th, is Smartaudio built-in already? Or I need compile myself.
MP 1.3.74.1 build 1.3.7768.13970

Sorry is it is obvious, but Iā€™m new on this

Itā€™s only in 4.1-dev

Hallo Andy,

In my previous message I stated ā€œI connected the SA connector of the VTX to the TX of SERIAL1 of the FC and also the power and common ground is connected to the FC.ā€

This statement was wrong itā€™s SERIAL2 not 1, I configured everything on SERIAL2.

Even when I changed SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 37 SA still isnā€™t working do you know if anybody tested this successfully already?

Thanks for the answer

Other people have got it to work. Try changing the baud to 4800.

Sorry that is the version I have, how access to SA menu? Sorry by make this stupid question

1 Like

Too bad it isnā€™t working despite the fact you say itā€™s working for other people, I checked everything 20 times to be 100% certain not to make a mistake and everything is correctly wired and configured, but I can confirm for 100% it isnā€™t working on a Pixhawk mini on serial2 with an Atlatl HV.

I even configured an old F3 FC with Inav to confirm Smartaudio is working on the Atlatl HV and it does work perfect in Inav.

I spend many hours to get this to work, so everybody else with the same setup, donā€™t waste your time on this!

Sorry I would have to get one of those VTXā€™s to try. Unfortunately it seems everyoneā€™s version of smart audio is slightly different. All my testing has been on TBS kit.

I ordered a TBS unify 2 weeks ago already when Iā€™ll get it I will test it again and let you know the results.