Servers by jDrones

Is there a ChibiOS module (for shell access) available or planned?

(Ivan) #1

I’ve been using the NSH module (load module nsh) for some time, however, my controllers are now running ChibiOS instead of NuttX.

Is there a module (or any other way) to access the ChibiOS command shell?
If not, is anything planned for this… and what would be the ETA?

Thanks,
Ivan

(Amilcar Lucas) #2

Not there I know of. BTW do you know that we now have lua scripting support? You can extend the flight code functionality without recompiling.

(Mark Whitehorn) #3

Which NuttX shell functions would be useful to you in ArduPilot?

(Ivan) #4

I use several basic Linux commands such as cd, ls, mkdir, pwd, rm, cp, dd and xd.
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I also use the mtd command to check status.

(Mark Whitehorn) #5

At a higher level, are you only doing SD card file management using the nsh shell?
I don’t recall the “mtd” command; where is it documented?
Do you use “top”?

(Ivan) #6

At a high level - yes, mostly file management. I’d say the most important commands for me are dd/cp and ls.

The “mtd” command is not a must have, but it is listed in the Builtin Apps section of my devices when I enter the “help” command. Not sure where it is documented though.

No - I don’t use top.

(Mark Whitehorn) #7

now I remember what “mtd” was for; also related to non-volatile storage.
With ArduPilot, I think non-volatile storage is currently used only for parameters and logs.
Since log manipulation is slow over USB anyway, I usually just pull the SD card if it’s accessible.

In your workflow for ArduPilot, what other needs do you have to manipulate files on the SD card?
I assume LUA scripts would reside on SD…

(Ivan) #8

Not much else I can think of WRT file manipulation needs at the moment.