Is my drone with 10 inch props out of date?

Indeed. I have used eCalc for countless builds from 3" to 17" of my own craft and many more done for friends and others on the forum here. Prediction has always been good. The last time someone on here posted that it was a piece of crap was inputting crap.

I couldn’t find the spec sheet for your motors too. What it means is that we don’t know their power/thrust data, thus it would be hard to calculate everything else. Either build a stand to test them yourself or buy some other motors for which this data is known. Oh, you mentioned it yourself in the following post.

Other than that, your hardware seems great. Your ESC DOES support DShot up to 600 and the FC is supported by ArduPilot.

It seems like one can do the calculations yourself if you know the formulas and have the data.

Exactly! You start with the motor specifications. From there you learn the thrust and the required current with different propellers. See what you can fit. Pick a suitable ESC and a battery. Keep the AUW below 50% of the max thrust of 4 motors. Preferably in the 30-40% range since motors are usually more efficient in that range. As a rule of thumb, to achieve 1+ hr hover time your battery has to weigh twice as everything else.

I can. On that piece of crap application eCalc.

I’ve seen too many people come to this forum confused by the eCalc to prefer to stay away from it entirely. Even if you LEARN TO USE it properly, what’s the point of it? It doesn’t provide any assistance in picking up the hardware and only checks whether it would fly in theory or not. You can do that yourself. And I find it easier than messing with the input into eCalc. I’ve posted how I calculate configurations above. Please let me know if I’m missing something entirely and if eCalc would do a better job.

Then show 'em please. OP hasn’t even named the manufacturer.
According to Google, there are at least 3 possible versions: 150/200/300W. And the eCalc doesn’t have the 2830-900 entirely, at least under the Turnigy tab. Only some 2830-800 with the 270W consumption.

So now that we have the motors, (mine is the propdrive version) we have to pick a prop.

I read that a 900 Kv motor would turn at 900 X 12 = 10,800 RPM and at 15 volts (4s) it would turn 13500 RPM.However, I am sure that the RPM would be modified by the prop diameter and pitch. So how does the RPM change with the prop diameter. Seems that the prop diameter and RPM would determine the thrust.

I’ll just tell you what I would do with 4 of those motors:
Build it for 10" props (1045 or thereabout)
Weigh it w/o the battery and purchase a 4S battery that would result in a take-off weigh of ~1.4kg max.
Fly it.