Iris vibrations

Hi, wondering if a more experienced flyer would be able to tell what they think is causing this quite loud vibration from an Iris?

I thought it was unbalanced props so I brought a balancer and balanced them but the vibration is still there.
Maybe I didn’t do a very good balancing job. This is an Iris with a GoPro attached to the front, not a gimbal.

Any idea?

youtu.be/5Tqv1tbPzXQ

Are you using a Gimbal? If so, check out the Tarot … swimming thread a few threads down from here. They had to tweak their power settings to stop causing the vibrations which showed up in the videos. The Iris itself shouldn’t have vibrations though.

Also at the end of your Youtube video it sounds like the power to the motors is cutting out or browning out. Do you have power issues? Also you could check motor mounts and shafts for anything out of the ordinary, some folks have bent motor shafts in crashes fyi…

Just came across this, not sure if it is helpful: copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/ac_measuringvibration/

Thanks I’ll try that. Also I don’t have any power issues that was just me doing a rapid descent because the battery was getting low :wink:

[quote=“Robot”]Hi, wondering if a more experienced flyer would be able to tell what they think is causing this quite loud vibration from an Iris?

I thought it was unbalanced props so I brought a balancer and balanced them but the vibration is still there.
Maybe I didn’t do a very good balancing job. This is an Iris with a GoPro attached to the front, not a gimbal.

Any idea?

youtu.be/5Tqv1tbPzXQ[/quote]

Just noticed a loud vibration on mine today at about 50 ft. I descended down quickly and about at 1 foot off the ground the motor popped up off the mount. obviously the iris flipped over. Both screws were missing . This was my fourth flight. I decided to check my other motor mounts and all but one had loose screws. Only one motor had lock tight on the two screws. Don’t know if that’s your problem but I would say to make sure your motor mount screws are tight.
ended up tearing one wire out of the motor and broke a prop. Would of been a lot worse it it let go at 50 ft. lol

Make sure that your motor screws are tight and have Loctite on them. Mine work their way lose after the first 2 flights.

I re-loctited mine. Can’t stress this enough. BUMP

Just found a guy on another forum that lost a motor because of the screws falling out. You can definitely hear the vibration as they start falling out. So like the rest of the guys say, check you screws.