Today FlightZoomer Cockpit 3.1 has been released (in the MS store the name is still FlightZoomer Cockpit 3). The app offers a number of nice improvements over the big version 3 release from August.
The most notable one are interactive checklists, which are demonstrated in this video:
This features supports entirely customizable checklists for each flight phase, for different aircraft and/or different hardware configurations.
With the voice synthetization and recognition, the pilot gets an efficient and safe method to work with checklists while the impact on the workload stays almost zero. It is therefore even realistic to work through checklists during the flight and without taking the eyes from the aircraft or the most crucial instruments.
See in this fascinating video, how real pilots handle the checklist part (if you are in a hurry, go to 5:41 to directly jump into the checklist action; besides that the rest of the video is also a great resource to find similarities between full scale and FlightZoomer operations):
More details about the FlightZoomer checklist feature on this fresh documentation page:
Other new features in the Cockpit 3.1 app are these:
- Support for the RTF quadcopter 3DR Solo has been added
- FPV Video from Solo in HD integrated in the cockpit app (with various layouts, among others also the only correct one: the FPV view appears above the glareshield!)
- RTSP video feed can be integrated
- UDP connectivity added (which enables e.g. Andruav connectivity -> Android 3G)
- Screen recording of the Cockpit app
- Much more detailed documentation under https://flightzoomer.com/hfw_contents.html
- Small improvements and bug fixes
The FlightZoomer Cockpit 3.1 app is still on sale for some days (100% discount!) so install it from the MS store!