INS_LOG_BAT_OPT - missing option when Mission Planner runs from different account

I have a Windows-10 PC with multiple user accounts.

I installed Mission Planner with my administrator account - but I use it on a other accounts on this PC.

I’ve discovered that when I’m not using Mission Planner on my administrator account, only two of the three options in the bit-mask for INS_LOG_BAT_OPT are presented. The third option: “Sample pre- and post- filtering” is not displayed.

Notice that the value of this parameter is “7” - meaning all three bitmask options were selected. But not all three are displayed here when running Mission Planner on an account that I didn’t use to install Mission Planner.

I was able to set this parameter to “7” by selecting all three bit-mask options using Mission Planner on the administrator account that I used to install Mission Planner.

My guess is that there are things that Mission Planner expects in the user’s directories and files that don’t exist on a user account other than the one used when installing Mission Planner.

If there are other places where such problems exist, using Mission Planner on an account other than where it was installed could be problematic in other areas.

CTRL-F and “Param Gen” this will update the parameterMetadata.xml in the user’s document folder. (Or copy the good one from the admin user’s documents folder)

Yes sir - that fixed it. But it caused Mission Planner to lock up when I selected that button - I had to cancel Mission Planner from the task bar as it was unresponsive.

Frankly, I think this is nuts. How would anyone know to do this?

You were too impatient; it downloads a lot of data and takes a while.
If you enable the console window, you can track what is happening.

Indeed it appears I was too impatient. I ran it again - and watched it in the task manager.

It didn’t take too long this time - and it allowed me to click the window “X” and close it out. No dialog box or progress indication that it was done. Maybe in the console window…

This doesn’t improve my view that the complaints heard about how difficult it is to get up to speed using ArduPilot have real validity.

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.