Info on ICE RMP setup using GPIO

greetings
iam using orange cube with ardupilot 4.3.5 on quadplane setup… have set up the following parameters

servo10_function -1 GPIO (not sure if this was needed)
ice_rpm_chanel 2 rpm2
rpm2_type 2 GPIO
rpm2_pin 55 for AUX6

have tried with with rpm 1 and also rmp 2… in both the cases the HUD display on MP shows RPM1: -1 or RPM2: -1… most of the data seems outdated on the ardupilot page … can someone have a look at the parameter file and help me out to set up the rpm for the ice ?

regards

paramters list may 27th.param (22.2 KB)

The SERVO_GPIO_MASK is wrong, with value 1.

This is probably causing your problem, you should set the adequate bit to HIGH. Considering that you are using SERVO10, you should have the tenth bit set to one. Open this parameter in Mission Planner and use the checkboxes to set it up properly for servo 10.

thanks bruno for this and understood better… i have now set the following and changed it to servo14
A) aux out pin 9 from the orange cube is SERVO 14… HENCE have set
servo14_function = -1 (for GPIO)
B) servo_gpio_mask = 8192 as suggested by ardupilot in mission planner (see attached)
C) rpm2_type = 2 (for GPIO) and tachosensor wire from engine is fixed in aux6 of the orange cube
D) rpm2_pin 55 (for AUX6)
i think i have done all as per the book (unless something else) but still not joy… HUD still shows RPM2: -1

anymore help / direction would be great from you and anyone here

regards

No, Aux out 9 refers to SERVO 9. You have to set SERVO 9 properly, not SERVO 14. Forget about this Servo 14 stuff, simply set SERVO 6 and SERVO 9 parameters properly.

what worked our for me is a below…
servo13_function -1 GPIO
servo14_function -1 GPIO
ice_rpm_chanel 1 rpm1
rpm1_type 2 GPIO
rpm1_pin 54 for AUX4
rpm2_pin 55 for AUX5
rpm2_type 2 GPIO
I am able to get the RMP1 reading perfect now… also have set up the RMP2 for reading… there is no need to change any servo_gpio_mask etc in the ardu version of 4.3.*

1 Like

Nice, I’m glad that you made it!

1 Like