Incomplete Transition

I’m working on a quadplane and I am having a hard time diagnosing some potential issues I had with my last test flight. I’ll leave a link to the .bin file below. I expect to see channel 5 and 6 (the tilt servos) to reach a pwm signal of 1900, indicating a complete transition. this is not what I observe. I also am concerned about the sudden pitch down manuever toward the end of the flight. This may have been a problem with the auto mission I planneed for the vehicle but I’m not sure. the last thing is I’m not sure why the vehicle flew off course at the end of the flight. I expected it to fly back to WP 4 and do a VTOL landing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have entered contradictory parameters:

The transition speed (ARSPD_FBW_MIN) 12 m/s is lower than the Q_ASSIST_SPEED 14 m/s . This makes no sense, because when the transition speed is reached, Q-Assist starts as long as the speed is not yet above 14 m/s.

The waypoints are set too low (recognisable by TECS.hin = 20 metres) or Q_ASSIST_ALT = 20 m too high. As long as you have not yet reached an altitude of 20 metres, Q_ASSIST will also be activated continuously.

Rolf

2 Likes

I see now. Thank for the help. I’ll be sure to make the necessary adjustments before I fly again.

Have you solved the problem? also, i want to ask some questions regarding similar problem, i am facing, can i ask here, or have to start a new thread?

Yes! Thank you. My aircraft has successfully completed various autonomous missions where it completely transitions to fixed wing and back. Ask anything you want,however, know that I am still a novice at this.