In Mission planner 9 and 10th chennal is not showing, Using 10 channel tx and rx (FSi6x)

Hello everyone!

I am not able to see 9 and 10 th channel moving in mission planner.
1 to 8 channels are showing up. I have assigned all the AUX switches with 5 to 10 channels in the transmitter.
Please let me know.

Thanks.

I think this could be a mavlink2 issue. I suspect if you connect with a USB cable directly to the PC then the extra channels will show up. If not, then we know it is something else.

If it does work when using a USB then we know the issue is indeed a mavlink1 vs mavlink2 issue and it could be that the SERIALx_PROTOCOL = 1 (instead of 2) so this simple parameter change (followed by a reboot) may fix it. Another possibility though is that the telemetry radio isn’t capable of mavlink2. This is unusual though because most telemetry radios just transmit a serial stream and don’t even know that it is mavlink.

Hi rmackay

Thanks.
I have connected using data cable only.
let me check with SERIAL PROTOCAL

There are 7 SERIALx_PROTOCOL

Which one should be changed?

@Drone,

So first thing is to check using a USB cable… can you try using a USB cable to connect the autopilot to the PC running the MP ground station and check if RC input channels 9 and 10 appear? At this first step, don’t worry about the SERIALx_PROTOCOL.

Yes
I used USB micro cable. It’s not showing up.
Please let me know the next step…

@Drone,

OK, great. So next you could just change every SERIALx_PROTOCOL that is set to “1” (mavlink1) to “2” (mavlink2). The “x” is the serial port number. So if the autopilot has a label saying “telem1” where the telemetry radio is connected then you should only need to change SERIAL1_PROTOCOL from “1” to "2.

Okay.
Will check and update you…

Thankyou…

Currently I am having as follows

SERIAL0_PROTOCOL - 2
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL - 2
SERIAL3_PROTOCOL - 5
SERIAL4_PROTOCOL - 5
SERIAL5_PROTOCOL - -1
SERIAL6_PROTOCOL - -1
SERIAL7_PROTOCOL - 2

So which one should I need to change into “2”?

I have changed SERIAL5 and 6 values from -1 to 2. Getting the same result.

@Drone,

OK, so it looks like the auto pilot is using mavlink2 for all mavlink channels so the problem is likely the telemetry radio then. If it is a SiK radio it may help to upgrade it’s firmware.

Sik radios can be upgraded using MP’s Sik Radio screen. We have a slightly out-of-date wiki page here that shows the screen. https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-configuring-a-telemetry-radio-using-mission-planner.html

-Randy