In memory of Greg Covey. RIP

I saw someone selling Greg Covey’s Firefly VTOL saying it was purchased from an Estate Sale

I knew he had not been posting for a while so I googled this.

Greg was the most enthusiastic and helpful member of this forum who was always displaying the latest efforts of the Ardupilot devs. He had a fondness for quadplanes. I hate when you find out something like this 7 months later. Greg will be very much missed by many people here.
Greg04_2006b

13 Likes

He will be missed, I will remember him for the excellent quality and professionalism of his many blogs, and the kindness and dedication in the support of these great builds.

5 Likes

Oh, very sad to hear that. I don’t think he let a Vtol>quad plane post question go unanswered. A real guru.

3 Likes

He was a true VTOL,er and help every one sadly missed by all on here

1 Like

It’s so sad that the best go too soon. The words of

speak from my heart

5 Likes

I took a break from Ardu Pilot and just saw this sad news. I am so heart broken :frowning:

Greg was such a wonderful person. He always went out of his way to help others, and his professionalism and mannerism were just amazing. Too bad I couldn’t meet him in person as we tried once.

He will be greatly missed…

2 Likes

Rip. Sorry to hear that. Love his post till today.

1 Like

I often think of Greg Covey.
He was such a helpful and kind person.
He personally helped me a lot. As said at the start, I often think of him.
I hope his family is doing well and that his family know Greg helped a lot of people he never personally met.

Thank you Greg. You are missed.

4 Likes