IMU data for ArduCopter on Arduino Mega 2560 Board

Hello,

I am trying to get Ardupilot - ArduCopter 3.00 working properly with Arduino Mega 2560 Board ( Actual Hardware : hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor … odule.html )
After trying various version of ArduCopter the 3.00 version uploaded to the Arduino Mega 2560 Board fine.

However when I have the board connected via Serial Port (USB) and move the board I am unable to view live changes to IMU data [ACC;GYRO X,Y,Z; MAG changes;Primary Flight Display movement ]
via APM Planner 2.017. I can connect to it from APM Planner, QGroundControl fine but unable to see graphs / charts for parameters above when I move the board. The board itself is working
fine as I can see IMU data when I use upload alternate firmware MultiWii 2.1 and view IMU data graphs on MultiWii GUI.

Am I doing anything incorrect with the serial setup ? Do I need to connect 3DR Radio Set ( store.3drobotics.com/products/3dr-radio ) before I can view IMU parameters.

Grateful for any assistance on the matter.

Thanks
Rohan

If you load the MAVLinkInspector when connected, what do you see?

Hi Bill,

MAV Link Inspector does not show any message. However if I connect to Terminal Console and run commands for testing components I get following errors.

ArduCopter V3.0.1] test
test] compass
Compass

enabled
Mag Dec: 0.0000
Mag off: 0.0000, 0.0000, 0.0000
Motor Comp: Off

Failed to boot MPU6000 5 times
PANIC: failed to boot MPU6000 5 times

test] baro

3 Calibrating barometerPANIC: AP_Baro::read unsuccessful for more than 500ms in AP_Baro::calibrate [1]
3 Calibrating barometerPANIC: AP_Baro::read unsuccessful for more than 500ms in AP_Baro::calibrate [1]

This is beginning to look more like firmware issue.

Thanks
Rohan

That looks like you have a failed 3v3 regulator. You can fix, or get someone with soldering skills to fix. I just fixed one of my APM2.5.2 recently for the same issue

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I also thought the same earlier based on googling error and issues noticed by other users. But when I checked the I2C 3V pin it gave 3.26 V, which points towards voltage regulation working fine.(atleast around that pinout). Also the board works fine with MultiWii software (multiple versions) displaying all the IMU data.

Someone mentioned elsewhere in post that on Arduino Mega 2560 Board ( Actual Hardware : Multi Wii Pro board hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor … odule.html ) 5V is fed throughout the board to all chips. This may be the cause. It shame I cant find detailed datasheet for that board, will keep looking.

Thanks
Rohan