Implementing omni x boat with ardurover firmware + some miscellaneous questions

Hello everyone. I’m currently trying to build an autonomous omni x boat with mateksys F765-WING flight controller. I flashed the flight controller with the ardurover firmware and checked that the thrusters work. But the problem I’m having is configuring the thrusters to the RC for omni x. The 2 thrusters on the left side are paired to the left joystick and the 2 thrusters on the right are paired to the right joystick. Both of them have RCIN as the servo output function. However, when I change the servo output functions to Motor 1, motor 2, motor 3, and motor 4, as per the guideline on this website(https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot_wiki/blob/master/rover/source/docs/rover-motor-and-servo-connections.rst), I am unable to make the thrusters work with my RC. I would like to test the features of an omni x vehicle with RC before moving on to the autonomous part, so how would I go about it? Would I need to use a pixhawk instead?

Now this is a miscellaneous question, but would I be better off flashing the flight controller with an arducopter firmware? In that case, is there a way to override the “no-fly zone” for waypoint navigation?

Another miscellaneous question: Someone pointed out that the arduboat wouldn’t be able to go backwards with the rover firmware. If this is true, is there a way to edit the driver to enable this movement?

Thank you beforehand.

Unfortunately the thrusters only work in manual mode. It hasnt been implimented yet for automatic modes.

No. The Flight Controller you have will work fine.

No. Rover configured for omni-X is what you want.

No idea what you mean by this.

Sure it can. What it can’t do is move laterally in Auto or Guided Mode, only in manual.

One more question, is it possible to implement features of omni x vehicle with an arducopter firmware? Or does it need to be rover firmware? Thanks!

Why do you want copter firmware on a rover
?

Answered that. Do you see Omni-X as a FRAME_TYPE in Copter?

I am building an autonomous boat, which is currently flashed with a rover firmware, but I was wondering if I could implement the functionalities of an omni x vehicle with an arducopter firmware.

@Woojin_Rho,
you are asking several times the same question ignoring the answers form @dkemxr.
A copter can move 3 dimensional while a rover or boat only can move 2 dimensional. So this is in several funtions a complete different approach.