IM _Stab_Col and Alt Hold Help Please

Thanks in advance for any help
Alt hold advise Arducopter 3.4.6 FBL 450 helicopter, trouble with altitude dropping when Alt Hold switch is applied ( I do not know how far heli would drop as I always turn off Alt Hold before getting tooo close to ground)
Chris O was kind enough to inform me that I could adjust the IM_STAB_COL values to get the helicopter to hover at mid-stick in Stabilize, so that when you switch to Alt Hold the helicopter doesn’t suddenly go up or down.
Can someone please explain the steps for this process?
Thanks

Let me ask you this, when you switch to altitude hold mode, where is your collective/throttle stick on your transmitter? If you can, glance down quickly during stabilize (in a hover) and see how close it is to center. If your collective/throttle stick is lower than center, then what you describe sounds correct and Chris Olson’s solution will fix it.

Actually throttle stick is pretty close to center position, so I am thinking I need to adjust Im_stab_col parameters, but I am not sure what direction to go to correct this altitude drop problem?
Thanks

William,
You will have to make IM_STAB_COL2 and IM_STAB_COL3 lower so as to capture your collective for hover at mid stick. you could probably figure this out from the log file by seeing what RCIN3 is in a hover.

Regards,
Bill