I2C Splitter Addressing

Hello. I am using Pixhawk Cube (Black). I am making a plane. I am using an I2C splitter to add an airspeed sensor(MS 4525DO Air Speed Sensor) and an lidar (Benewake TF- Mini Plus). What will be the I2C addresses now for the components ? How to find the new address of each I2C port on the I2C splitter ? I have enclosed a picture of the I2C Splitter I am using

the TF mini plus will need configured to work in i2c mode, I believe Benewake has a program to do it.

Can you please send the link for that ?

The I2C splitter is just a bus extension it has no addressing involved. The devices sit on the bus and each must have it’s own unique address. Unfortunately many mass production devices have a fixed address with no easy way to change them. Others have a jumper pad to set the optional addresses they support. You will have to look at the spec sheets for the devices to find what their addresses are and if you can change them if needed.

Most of the time I2C addresses are unique to an electronic component.
If you have to use the exact same electronic component (same brand, chip, board), the person who designed the board should include some jumper to enable the user to change the I2C address.
So you’re using totally two different components, it will be plug and play :slight_smile:
https://www.circuitbasics.com/basics-of-the-i2c-communication-protocol

Thank you very much!!!