I want to do swarming for 4 Quads

Hey there,
I am using Pixhawk 2.4.8 in my quad and AP firmware on it.
I want to create a swarm drone with centralized approach, so for that is there any way that I can connect a single telemetry radio on laptop and have each on other quads (all quads have pixhawk 2.4.8 on it)
If this approach is not possible, then what is the easiest and quickest way to achieve the same!

Hi @nirbhaayy,

For swarming there are three basic approaches:

• Put all but one vehicle in Follow mode and then drive/fly around the lead vehicle manually (or put it in Auto mode or whatever)
  • Put all the vehicles in Guided mode and use Mission Planner swarming to control the vehicles. I haven’t used these recently but I see MP’s Ctrl-F screen has both “follow the leader” and “Swarm” buttons.
  • Use the NAV_DELAY mission command in Auto mode to syncronise the vehicles. This is a very basic sort of coordination where the vehicle don’t actually talk to each other.

Setting up the telemetry connection can be the most difficult step. The RFD900 apparently supports mesh networks although I’ve never tried it myself.

By the way, I wrote this page a long time ago showing how to control multiple vehicles from Mission Planner. This isn’t really swarming though.