I am not sure about what to do in the first flight test hover trim

I am a newbie in traditional heli.

I have read the document “First Flight Tests”, but am not clear about several points. In the section “Hover Trim”, it says:

“Load the helicopter with its normal payload, and hover the helicopter in no-wind conditions in Stabilize flight mode. Land it and pull the log, noting the roll angle and pitch angle that you had to hold with the stick to keep the helicopter from drifting.”

I am not sure what to look from the log. Are they about “RCIN”'s “C1” “C2” PWM values? These are in us, not in degrees. How can I get the roll angle and pitch angle from the log? Which Flight Data messages should I check to get the roll and pitch angles for my stick in Tx mentioned above?

Also, in the section “First Hover”, it says:

“If the vehicle seems too unstable in attitude, you might try setting the PID values to those used for beginning the fine tuning of the attitude control loops, discussed in the following section (Traditional Helicopter – Tuning ).”

Are those PID Values shown in the document “Preparing for Tuning”, Section “Initial Setup of Parameters”

“Pitch and Roll Axes
Below are the initial parameters values that should be used to start the tuning of your helicopter. The helicopter will be easily controllable with just the FF set to 0.15 on pitch and roll in the event that you need to modify the tail settings from the defaults.
ATC_ACCEL_P_MAX 110000
ATC_ACCEL_R_MAX 110000
ATC_ANG_PIT_P 4.5
ATC_ANG_RLL_P 4.5
ATC_RAT_PIT_D 0
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTD 0
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTE 20
ATC_RAT_PIT_FLTT 20
ATC_RAT_PIT_I 0.1
ATC_RAT_PIT_ILMI 0.05
ATC_RAT_PIT_IMAX 0.40
ATC_RAT_PIT_P 0
ATC_RAT_PIT_FF 0.15
ATC_RAT_RLL_D 0
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTD 0
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTE 20
ATC_RAT_RLL_FLTT 20
ATC_RAT_RLL_I 0.1
ATC_RAT_RLL_ILMI 0.05
ATC_RAT_RLL_IMAX 0.40
ATC_RAT_RLL_P 0
ATC_RAT_RLL_FF 0.15
ATC_INPUT_TC 0.15
Yaw Axis (Rudder)
It is recommended to make sure the tail functions properly before proceeding with tuning pitch and roll. Below are the suggested settings for yaw.”

Could someone please answer my pressing questions?

Thanks.

You would use the ATT.Pitch and the ATT.Roll signals in the log to determine the attitude for trimming the aircraft.

Yes. Those are the values to use if you see any instability with the default settings.