Hylio designs, fabricates, and offers UAS (unmanned aerial systems i.e. “drones”) for the agricultural industry. Our mission is to make farming easier and more successful for our customers.
We are a fast growing technology startup in Richmond, TX focused on developing cutting edge precision agriculture solutions.
We’re seeking team members that are self-motivated, eager to grow with our company, and excited to service our customers.
As a UAS Systems Engineer you will design, prototype, and integrate the electromechanical subsystems within Hylio’s products. The roll will involve design, integration, and testing of new sensors, PCBs, power systems, flow controllers, cameras, and avoidance detection systems for Hylio’s UAS.
You will work in a dynamic team setting where you will interact with technicians, computer scientists, and other mechanical engineers. You will be expected to present designs and prototypes in professional review settings with supervising engineering staff.
Assist in various UAS systems integration and testing. Utilize PCB design and other engineering software applications to design and manufacture electromechanical components/systems for Hylio’s product offering.
You work can can involve, but is not limited to:
- Radio based telemetry/video system integration
- Sensor integration for liquid flow detection/output control loops
- Analysis of sensor data to iteratively tune new aircraft frames
- Integration of radar/lidar/camera based systems for object detection and avoidance
- Automated payload refilling systems & charging and/or battery swapping systems
- Designing and executing tests to determine electromechanical system functionality
- PCB design and testing
- Professional presentations of designs and prototypes to supervising engineering staff on a regular basis
- Work in a team setting with other engineers, technicians, and scientists
- BS/MS in Aerospace or Electrical engineering
- Direct experience working with UAS
- Experience with pixhawk/arducopter flight stack
- Experience with subsystem design & integration for autonomous vehicles
- Experience with PCB design software
- Strong computer literacy; Use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and various office administrative software applications will be required
- Preferred: 2-5 years relevant work experience
- Preferred: Experience with UAS obstacle detection and avoidance systems
- Preferred: Experience with UAS power systems
Please apply at https://www.indeed.com/job/uas-systems-engineer-a480dd3863e05da7
Or email your resume directly to NickNawratil@hyl.io